On 23 May 2012, through a partnership between the Town of Sullivan's Island and the East Cooper Land Trust, permanent deed restrictions were placed on two Town-owned marsh-front parcels, permanently protecting them from being developed. Read the Post and Courier's coverage of the milestone.
This is a 0.48 acre wooded property is at the south end of the island near Station 9. Currently, there is a short trail that leads from Conquest Avenue to the edge of the property overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. The area has historical significance because it was once the landing area for the Pitt Street Bridge that connected Mount Pleasant to Sullivan's Island. It was later dismantled in 1945 after the construction of the Ben Sawyer Bridge.